The Komrads ICNS has a history that goes way back. The sneaker was first made around the fifties in the Soviet Union in response to the American basketball trainer, Converse All Stars. The Komrads ICNS symbolized the ‘comrade of the people‘. In the 80’s and 90’s they already dominated the streets and many rock festivals.
Next step: making the ICNS fully sustainable!
Of course the cool design of the ICNS has been retained! New is the sole made of 100% recycled rubber, the fabric is 100% recycled cotton and PET bottles, as well as the laces. No more metal rings and the insole is removable and made of recycled carbon (Arnetech insole). Production has also been moved from Slovakia to Portugal, where sustainable production and the best working conditions are guaranteed.
- Designed in Belgium
- Produced in Portugal
- Made of recycled and reused materials
- Upper: 100% recycled cotton
- Sole: made of 100% recycled rubber
- Inside lining & laces made of recycled cotton & plastic bottles
- Removable insole: recycled carbon (Arnetech insole)
Size & Fit
- The Komrads ICNS fit rather small.
- If you are not sure which size to take, take one size up – if you are between sizes (e.g. 39,5)!
Wash & Care
- Use a damp cloth to clean your sneakers.
- Not recommend washing your KOMRADS in the washing machine.