AmourLinen is a sustainable linen brand from Lithuania, where it was born in a local café in 2019. AmourLinen makes lovely bed linen, towels, and kitchen textiles with a zero-waste approach.
The brand's founder, Lukas had a passion for experimenting and creating new things and had already run small businesses before AmourLinen was born. Lukas' goal was and still is to put his homeland Lithuania on the world map.
Love for Lithuania may be one of the reasons why Lukas decided to start working with linen fabric as it has deep roots in Lithuanian craftsmanship and history.
Despite the limitations and setbacks of the covid pandemic, AmourLinen has already grown into a respectable company that now produces linen home textiles for customers all over the world.
Since then AmourLinen has been joined by Miglė who develops the brand and its business. Miglė had ten years of experience in fashion and the clothing industry; he has worked for various brands in France.
Miglė's vision is to promote slow living, encourage craftsmanship, and give access to organic and sustainable products for all. Buy less - buy better!
AmourLinen is based in Vilnius, Lithuania and employs three full-time seamstresses who make all products by hand.
AmourLinen uses certified European linen, recycled materials in its packaging and favors environmentally friendly delivery options. The brand aims to maximize the circular economy in its production to minimize fabric waste. Their customers can also buy linen waste for the same reason.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options