The first CARPASUS collection was launched in 2015 by René Grünenfelder and Michael Zäch in Switzerland. The idea for CARPASUS was born at the end of 2013 during their studies. Rana Plaza collapsed in April in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and buried more than 1’100 textile workers. The devastating working conditions in the textile industry were at that point and have been very present in the media. It made them reflect on how and under what environmental and social conditions our clothing and raw materials are made.
Sensitized to these problems, the CARPASUS team looked for clothes that they could wear with a clear conscience and in which they could feel comfortable. A particular garment combining style, coolness, quality, and sustainability was particularly difficult to find: the shirt.
The shirt is the most dominant piece of clothing for men. It accompanies them day in and day out. The shirt must sit well, be comfortable, easy to iron, durable and it must make us appear confident and stylish.
CARPASUS combines sustainability with quality, style and coolness. Our mission is to provide you with quality shirts that will make you feel good, accompany you for a long time, and underline your individual style. We use environmentally friendly natural materials from organic farming, which are further processed in Europe. We are committed to long-term collaboration with our partners who adhere to social standards and pay fairly to their employees. Our products are durable in quality and timeless in design. We show you through a transparent production chain, where and by whom your shirts are made.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options