Residus is a Swedish brand founded in 2016. Residus ’story began when founder Elin Molander began to envision the possibility of creating a more responsible fashion. She was soon joined by Evalena Johansson, who had a long career as a designer of women's clothing. They shared a passion for quality and clothes that are purposeful and that would survive the wave of fast fashion.
Elin and Evalena combined their decades of experience in the fashion industry and began planning how to improve their skills in the field of sustainable development and environmental friendliness.
Before her first collection, Elin invited 50 women of different ages and sizes to dinner with her. Among other things, they were asked about the materials, designs, and price of the dream dress. So what would women want from a perfect dress? Based on these responses and observations, the first Residus collection was designed.
The collection was released in 2017. Its main theme was that everyone has the right to find a dress that fits them.
Residus means surplus in French and hence the ideology of Residus; some of the dresses are made of surplus fabric. According to Elin, she doesn’t get enough of dresses and has always had the goal of designing dresses that can be worn from dawn to sunset.
In addition to dresses, the Residus range also includes other high-quality and ecological women's clothes that represent the Scandinavian style of dressing.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options