Kaiko Clothing is a Finnish ethical and ecological company specialized in kid’s and women’s clothing. Kaiko got its start in autumn 2016 when its founder Mirjam Sokka thought about combining fashion and charity.
Kaiko works on creating and designing beautiful and quality garments, also, they work on a mission of improving the quality of women’s lives. Kaiko’s main quote is Fashion with a mission. The brand desires to bravely fulfill many dreams, also, ethics and social responsibility are the main core of Kaiko’s operations.
Kaiko directs 7% of all income of sold clothing to women’s education in developing countries. Kaiko cooperates with Women’s Bank in an area of Lalitpur in Nepal, which suffered in 2015 from a severe earthquake. With the help of Women’s Bank Kaiko pursues to enhance women’s social, economical, and cultural rights.
Kaiko’s slow fashion- the collection was designed in Finland and textiles are manufactured and clothing sawed in Portugal, Nepal, and Estonia. Kaiko’s style combines urban style and rural romance in a sophisticated way. Kaiko’s cuts are flattering. As materials, they use mostly 100% organic cotton and for example Fair Trade Cashmere.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options