- Exterior: vegetable tanned leather, high-resistance fabric (OnDura®) and a handle made with the reuse of damaged hoses
- Lining: bioleather (100% decomposition is obtained in less than 15 days)
- Insole: natural leather with anatomical sole
- Sole: SBR rubber with 15% recycled damaged fire hoses
- Size: 35 to 45 (EU size)
J-Top Sneaker GreyJ-UNK
Europe: 3 - 5 workdays
Jacinto Oliveira’s favorite shoe brand ceased operations in 2019. He could not easily find his new favorite and came to the conclusion that there are interesting business opportunities in the world for shoes.
Jacinto longed for a brand with a strong identity that would matter and that he would feel emotionally connected to. J-UNK was born.
J-UNK is a combination of aesthetic modernity and the punk spirit of the past worlds. The creative spirit of London is present and reflected in J-UNK’s bold design.
Part of J-UNK's personality is recycled material, which is used, for example, in the soles of shoes. The founder of J-UNK has been a firefighter since the age of 14 and this connection made it clear what the brand wanted to support.
In their products, J-UNK utilizes damaged fire hoses, from which recycled material is processed into shoes. Every pair of shoes sold by J-UNK also helps the activities of volunteer firefighters. J-UNK considers this to be an important social impact of its existence.
Other cornerstones of J-UNK's operations are slow fashion, vegetable-tanned leather, unisex fashion and careful and responsible manufacturing of products in Portugal.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options