Since its birth after the 2017 crowdfunding, Rifò started a path that combines circular economy, craftsmanship and sustainable fashion.
Rifò is a Tuscan inflection from the verb "rifare". We chose this local name because it represents the locals and the way of speaking of the artisans who invented the recycling method of old clothes more than a hundred years ago: the so-called “Cenciaioli”.
Furthermore, Rifò, in italian "doing again" because we "rebuild" a traditional craft that was disappearing in recent years.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options