SAVE THE WAVE
Amsterdam-based SAVE THE WAVE makes sustainable swimwear and sportswear for women - from recycled materials.
The brand is made exclusively from ECONYL® - regenerated nylon waste from old fishing nets, fabric scraps, floor mats, and industrial plastic salvaged from all over the world.
According to SAVE THE WAVE, ECONYL® is a comfortable and sustainable eco-material that offers solutions to the planet's rampant waste problems. It is also a remarkably climate-friendly material compared to virgin nylon.
SAVE THE WAVE, in its own words, is not only fashionable swim and activewear but a way to let the world know you care.
By choosing sustainable products in all aspects of our lives, we are constantly a few steps closer to the moment when our planet changes direction.
SAVE THE WAVE is motivated by a passion to care about the ocean and the world. Each of us has wonderful and beautiful favorite places on our planet that, without protection, will not escape destruction or ever be the same again. Together, we can make a difference for a better future.
SAVE THE WAVE's design is versatile and simple. The elegance of the clothes and accessories makes them suitable for long-term use.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options