Nae Vegan Shoes
NAE stands for No Animal Exploitation. NAE is a Portuguese vegan shoe and accessories brand with a mission to be an animal-friendly and ecological footwear option for a wide range of customers. All NAE products are manufactured in certified and responsible factories in Portugal.
The motive of the founders of NAE Vegan Shoes has been a personal need and a duty to reduce the impact of human exploitation on animal life. NAE was founded back in 2008. Today, NAE is a successful brand that is very grateful for its community, customers and friends. NAE wants to strive daily for the positive effects of its business, and make the world a more sustainable, free and animal-friendly place.
NAE’s focus is not only on natural and ecological materials, but also on the design, style and quality for which Portuguese footwear is known. The brand seeks and uses the best synthetic and organic vegan material options without compromising the quality and durability of its shoes.
Committed to a high level of environmental friendliness and vegan ethics, NAE never uses even by-products from the meat industry in its products. In its products, NAE uses, for example, Piñatex i.e. pineapple fiber, organic cotton, durable cork oak, PET plastic and vegan leather made from recycled fibers.
NAE's design is easy, classic and up-to-date. The selection includes shoes and accessories for a wide range of needs. Portuguese handicraft feels comfortable and high quality in use.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options