The New Society
The New Society was born as a personal project by designer Estefania Grandio.
Estefania previously worked for international fashion brands in Spain and Europe for a couple of decades before having children of her own.
Her children inspired her to put all the knowledge she had acquired during her long professional career into creating a responsible fashion brand for children.
The New Society is a conscious and timeless clothing brand that always aims to make aesthetic and beautiful pieces of clothing. The brand's first collection was released in 2019.
In addition to children's clothing, The New Society also designs and manufactures clothes for women. The brand also has a collection of baby clothes for the littlest ones.
The New Society's products are locally produced in small batches in Spain and Portugal. The clothes are made by skilled craftsmen.
Local production supports the local economy, the quality of life of the workers, and reduces the carbon footprint of the finished products.
The New Society uses organic, recycled, and sustainable materials developed exclusively in Portugal. The brand's production process controls the use of water and uses safe vegetable dyes, among other things.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options