O My Bag
"Hold my bag, while I change the world."
Made from a unique kind of eco-leather, an O My Bag is a piece that you can flaunt without guilt. This is due to a cleaner and safer tanning process, a reduced carbon footprint, and leather that is made with respect for the environment. It is also a bag that gives people the opportunity to establish a better life for themselves.
In the area of Kolkata, India, every O My Bag is created with love in a safe and positive atmosphere: fair wages are paid, benefits are provided for, education and training are offered, and women and minorities are given equal-work opportunities. O My Bag is proud to work with their friends in India.
As their organization grows, they are delighted to see their suppliers', tanners', and manufacturers' organizations grow with them. By choosing to work with these carefully selected producers in India, O My Bag contributes to global issues like fighting poverty and encouraging the empowerment of women.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options