MORICO is a clothing company founded in 2015 in Helsinki by two Finnish designers, Tytti Alapieti & Jenni Koli.
Originally, the duo have met on snowboarding. In addition to snowboarding, they were united by a passion for slow fashion, studies in the clothing industry, and a dream of starting their own business. Eventually, they decided to make their dreams come true and found that together they are stronger than alone. And so began the story of MORICO.
MORICO's values include working together, for the common good. MORICO aims for responsible solutions based on the decision to take better care of the environment.
MORICO's selection includes great jewelry, swimwear, velvet dresses and shirts. The style of the clothes is simply Scandinavian, but the colors and patterns are deep, personal and vibrant. Every MORICO garment can be easily imagined, even on the streets of Kallio, for a summer holiday in the archipelago or a flea market tour.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options