Finnish bag and accessory brand LUMI got its starting spark from New York when Sanna Kantola, bag designer for Ralph Lauren, and Bruno Beaugrand, the artistic director of Tiffany Watches, met in 2000.
The story continued when Sanna took Bruno to a tiny snowy Finnish town and its old felt factory during Millenium. The designers fell in love with the production of the old felt factory and started to make small quantities of felt and leather hats and bags.
The combination of the felt from the small Finnish factory and vegetable-tanned leather products just started to fly off the shelves. Only some years later the Supermarket Bag was born – the LUMI bestseller.
Later on, LUMI has got several industry and design awards. The brand has grown to Paris, Milan, and New York. Opened own store to Helsinki and grown into one of Finland’s leading leather product brands. Today LUMI is sold in 25 countries all over the world including exclusive fashion stores and shops.
The color of the LUMI brand is white, which conveys the features and philosophy of LUMI: honesty, functionality, authenticity, accuracy, innocence, approachability, durability, equality, independence, new beginnings.
LUMI is an exciting and inspiring domestic brand, whose leather products offer real solutions to everyday problems.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options