Carolina Machado was born and raised in Leiria, Portugal. She was interested in art and fashion from a young age. In 2012, she moved to Porto and began studying fashion design at a university called ESAD.
Her dissertation from the university was at the same time her debut collection, which was presented at Lisbon Fashion Week. In 2016, she founded a women’s clothing brand bearing her name.
The brand bases its design on carefully thought-out elegance. Carolina Machado’s collections are full of stunning creations where the contrasts between feminine and masculine lines merge into variations of soft and hard shapes. The brand's collections are unique entities, which are surrounded by an inspiring atmosphere of luxury.
Carolina Machado's clothes are beautiful and feminine - ones that elevate the mood and mood as soon as you get the garment on.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options