Maria Maleta is a Portuguese bag brand that makes sustainable leather bags, and the bags are designed to go with you through life. The bags are made in Portugal in high-quality production. Maria Maleta only uses surplus leather from food production, which is produced in an environmentally friendly way. They think waste is waste only when we throw it away. In addition, Maria Maleta also manufactures vegan leather bags, as a condition that they must also be of high quality, durable, and environmentally friendly.
Maria Maleta is a story about best friends, Ana and Daniela, and different aspects of women. One loves sweet, the other craves salty delicacies. One likes movies and the other prefers to listen to music. One enjoys the peace and the other loves to party. One goes with heart and the other listens to the sound of reason. The list could go on forever, however, Ana Neto and Daniela Marquesia combine not only their friendship but also a love of fashion and this is how Maria Maleta got its start.
Ana and Daniela believe that every person has two sides and this is the main theme of their products. The bags can be used in many different ways and come in several different color and material combinations.
So Maria Maleta is for you who are looking for the perfect bag, but you haven’t yet been able to decide what it’s like, or you just haven’t found the right one yet.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options