Humans Are Vain
Humans Are Vain is a Swedish premium brand that was founded as a protest against fast fashion. The brand founder Chris Margetts gathered knowledge about fast fashion in London for a while until he got frustrated and decided to start changing the world.
Humans Are Vain is a shoe and accessory brand that designs and produces sustainable eco-friendly vegan products. Humans Are Vain's mission is to remove plastic waste from the oceans by using the materials in their products. Humans Are Vain makes sure that every component of its products are inspected and certified vegan. The brand also has a PETA-approval.
Humans Are Vain is a young company and brand (founded in 2019) but now they already are pioneer in the development of vegan sustainable materials and production methods. The brand supports a circular economy and all of its products are recyclable after their useful life.
In a Swedish way Humans Are Vain invests also in design. Design's aesthetic is very important to the brand. From their selection you can find style, timelessness, modernity and simple elegance.
Humans Are Vain's production takes place in ethical factories in Portugal and Sweden which are closely monitored by the quality control team. Humans Are Vain is socially responsible and it also seeks to keep its consumer prices and communications as transparent and fair as possible.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options