Wiola and Sebastian set up a vegan shoe brand in Warsaw, Poland, in collaboration with Sebastian's parents.
Sebastian's parents - father as a shoemaker and mother as a seamstress - give BOHEMA their passion and know-how for traditional shoemaking and craftsmanship.
Wiola and Sebastian follow the changing world and create responsible, modern, and urban shoe designs to meet its needs. Generations of stories and skills come together in BOHEMA.
BOHEMA uses innovative vegetable skins such as Piñatex® "pineapple skin" or materials made from apples and grapes. In 2018, BOHEMA was the first in Poland to launch shoes made of pineapple skin.
BOHEMA has also pioneered the production of shoes made from ecological Desserto®, a remarkably soft and durable vegetable leather made from cactus.
BOHEMA is a family project that wants to empower people to express their style while respecting the environment and animals. At the same time, BOHEMA teaches by example to appreciate the quality of genuine and responsible craftsmanship. BOHEMA believes that the future of fashion belongs to sustainable brands.
All BOHEMA products are handmade in Poland according to the principles of sustainable production. Most of BOHEMA's production is made to order to avoid the wastage of resources and surpluses.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options