The CasaGIN project was born in 2017 from Daniela’s idea to establish an ecological and responsible brand representing holistic well-being. Daniela wanted to combine ecological sustainability with ethical work by founding CasaGIN, one of the first ecologically sustainable clothing companies in Italy.
CasaGIN’s name represents two things. Casa means the mood and atmosphere of the special well-being that CasaGIN's house offers. GIN, on the other hand, comes from the words genuine - innovative - natural. The core values of the brand are genuine contact with nature, a healthy lifestyle and innovative thinking.
The Boston MIT Technology Review awarded CasaGIN in 2019 for being one of the most innovative startups. For CasaGIN, innovation is essential for materials research, new design development, continuous updating and evolution.
CasaGIN started with eco-lingerie, moving to a collection of home textiles, and after that to responsible swimwear and eco-friendly sportswear.
CasaGIN products are made of beech fiber, eucalyptus fiber, Econyl, organic cotton and special biodegradable polyamide.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options