Viljava is a Finnish clothing brand for children and women. Viljava is born out of the need to make beautiful and comfortable clothes that will last from season to season and from generation to generation.
The founder and designer of Viljava, Eveliina Hakala, comes from a small rural village. Eveliina appreciates her roots and Viljava is one example of that. Viljava embodies the energy and craftsmanship of South Ostrobothnia, the clarity and practicality of the expanses.
Viljava's clothes are suitable for everyday life, home and parties. Their fit and dimension withstand the growth of children and the weight variation of adults.
Viljava’s clothes are meant to be worn all day from morning to night so when you get home you don’t have to change to more comfortable clothes. Versatility also allows for a smaller wardrobe and a smaller pile of laundry.
All of Viljava's products are made to last from mother to daughter and sibling to another. You can wash and keep Viljava's clothes without worries when you wash them according to the washing instructions.
Eveliina's goal is to use as many domestic materials and factors as possible. Viljava's products are designed with maternal love in Southern Ostrobothnia and, exceptionally, also made in Finland without compromising on quality.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options