In 2010, Hungarian Dóri Tomcsányi studied at university and published her first collection as a school project. The collection aroused so much admiration and interest in the fashion industry that Dóri immediately founded Tomcsányi.
The brand continued its ascension and conquered the fashion world on three different continents within five years.
Playful freehand drawn patterns, eye-catching color combinations, unique designs, nuances of high fashion, and high-quality Italian fabrics are Tomcsányi's trademarks.
Tomcsányi’s collections are thoughtful but fun. They sail between minimalism and multi-nuance. The garments are also influenced by the aesthetics of past periods, such as the history of the European socialist era.
Tomcsányi invests heavily in sustainable development and social responsibility. They procure durable materials, and all production takes place locally in Budapest at Tomcsányi’s studio. The brand does not have a ready-made stock. All products are sewn from order, to avoid overproduction. Production of each garment will begin within 48 hours of placing the order.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options