“Careless elegance with some arrogance”
TOMCSANYI /tɒm – tʃɑː – nji/ is a Budapest based independent contemporary womenswear brand.
It all started in 2010 as a university project of the award winning Hungarian designer Dóri Tomcsányi, that gathered so much interest in the fashion industry (by Susie Bubble among others) that it actually became a real brand and conquered 3 continents in just 5 years. Since 2017 Dóri is also a fashion design professor at Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design Budapest.
Playful freehand patterns and eye-catching colour combinations, together with unique designs and high quality Italian fabrics make the brand stand out of the crowd effortlessly.
The TOMCSANYI items are thoughtful yet fun, sailing between minimalism and eclecticism. They are characterised by a retrospective aesthetics recalling the bygone days of the Eastern-European socialist era, but it is strongly mixed with high-end fashion and top-notch minimalism, making the brand one of the most interesting Hungarian fashion labels.
“Business as usual, seduction as unusual”
The brand puts great emphasis on sustainability and CSR, sourcing sustainable materials and producing everything locally in their Budapest studio. The brand doesn’t have a ready to ship stock of their dresses to avoid overproduction. Each garment's production starts after an order is placed within 48 hours, which makes it possible to offer a ‘made- to measure’ service without extra charge.
To choose this option, they need to customers to provide their body measurements to be able to produce accordingly.
“TOMCSANYI. Handmade with care.”
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options
e - 19 %
e - 20 %
e - 20 %