Born and raised in Tallinn, Äli Kargoja studied law in her home country, and soon after graduating, she realized that she still did not see herself working with the law. So she decided to start doing something she loves. She was offered the opportunity to move to Paris to study fashion, so the choice was clear.
However, Kargo wanted to return to Estonia. She founded her clothing brand after first working in the studios of Nicolas Andreas Taralis and Maison Martin Margiela.
August was born - a responsible clothing brand where natural and natural materials meet innovative design. The clothes strive for harmony between comfort, practicality, and elegance.
August exudes a simple, minimalist, and functional style. The clean shapes and sophisticated cuts of the garments embody collections, that are suitable for anyone who appreciates stylish clothing. As well as sustainable development.
August’s goal is to promote green choices and choose materials carefully at every stage of the production process. August utilizes a lot of local producers and artisans in its production. August's clothes are not only high quality but also environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options