More than 25 billion pairs of shoes are produced every year, which makes footwear a significant factor in the already overloaded textile industry.
Saola Shoes comes from Annecy in France, near the Alps. Especially because of their homeland's beautiful nature Saola Shoes has a great concern for the pollution of the world, the problems of the garment industry, and the preservation of biodiversity.
Whatever the case, most days we have to wear shoes. We also like and want to wear shoes, especially if they look and feel good.
Saola Shoes does not think it can solve all the environmental problems of the world, but they want to take a step toward the better. As the footwear industry is one of the world's largest polluters, Saola Shoes is committed to reducing its impact on the environment.
Saola Shoes focuses on using recycled and recyclable materials in its production and optimizing its production process. At the same time, the brand wants to invest in the contemporary style of its shoes, comfort, and usability.
1% of Saola Shoes sales are donated to associations and organisations working to preserve and save species. The more eco-shoes Saola Shoes sells, the more projects they can help.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options