Marie Beatrice Gade
Marie Beatrice Gade was never meant to fall in love with jewelry making. It was just one of life’s coincidences.
Marie’s original passion since childhood had been clothing design. She spent his entire childhood drawing and designing various clothing collections. While studying fashion, she began to question the norms of the fashion world; "Why are we still doing things this way? Why is no-one doing anything? Why is no-one doing more? Why do we accept this?"
The values of the fashion world did not match Marie’s own values. She decided there had to be better ways of doing things, without overloading our planet or supporting unethical working conditions.
One day Marie was walking with her mother-in-law in London. They passed a bazaar where Georg Jensen's vintage jewelery was sold in a booth. Marie's mother-in-law stopped to look at the jewelry, picked one up, and suggested Marie that she should try making jewelry as well.
The idea of making responsible jewelry fascinated Marie from that day on. She studied to be a silversmith and was hooked on jewelry from the very first hours - and that is how the jewelry brand Marie Beatrice Gade was born. Marie draws her inspiration from minimalism, Japanese origami, 60s funk style, architecture - and most of all, from nature.
Marie Beatrice Gade jewelry was born out of a desire to create beautiful and responsible jewelry. Minimalist jewelry is timeless and goes with every outfit and situation.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- Use of hazardous chemicals minimized in production chain
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options