Anekdot is a sustainable underwear brand that combines great nostalgia, comfort, and a modern lifestyle.
Anekdot's products are made of fabrics specially selected for their exclusive feel and touch.
Anekdot values circular economy in its production. This does not mean you will wear someone else's used underwear. The brand sources its quality materials from textile surpluses, which are recycled into something beautiful and meaningful for your everyday life.
Anekdot is constantly looking for new ways to source its materials. Opportunities can be that a factory is closing, a manufacturer's surplus, or various production errors. The materials used by Anekdot have never been used before, but the brand wants to give them a new life.
For this reason, Anekdot products are always limited edition and cannot be copied. The fabrics and details of Anekdot products have their own interesting story - how they were made, what their original purpose was, and the adventure of sourcing the raw materials.
In addition to fashion industry surpluses, Anekdot is constantly pursuing new sustainable material innovations. For example, some of the underwear is made of certified recycled nylons. This Italian recycled nylon has the highest percentage of recycled fibers on the market and is high quality.
This allows their customers to make everyday choices that save natural resources, water, and carbon emissions while ensuring that the clothes they love last long.
Anekdot's every garment is designed with purpose and made with love. It is committed to partnering with skilled artisans, craftspeople, and transparent supply chains.
The brand's production takes place in Berlin or close by in Poland, so they can control the entire production process, significantly reduce their carbon footprint, ensure fair wages and support local talent. Anecdot challenges industry mass production standards and values the hands behind their products.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options