Nomen Nescio is a minimalistic clothing label based in Finland.
The brand creates contemporary minimalistic unisex pieces that fulfill your wardrobes needs of stylish everyday essentials. The fabrics used in collections come mainly from Italy and the production is organised responsibly in Tallinn, Estonia.
The brand name derives from Latin. Nomen nescio signifies an anonymous, unnamed person. From latin nomen (name) and nescio (I do not know) the name literally means "I do not know the name".
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options