Nomen Nescio is a minimalist clothing brand from Finland. The founding duo Niina and Timo Leskelä founded the brand in 2012. They started with one hundred meters of fabric and sewed the first collection of Nomen Nescion - a batch of black jackets. After the jackets were sold, the money earned from them was used to buy two packs of fabric. And after that three.
Nomen Nescio started by selling gender-neutral black jackets and continues to rely on a completely black and gender-neutral design language in its products.
The brand creates topical unisex clothes that offer stylish, everyday basic products to your wardrobe.
The fabrics in Nomen Nescion's collections come mainly from Italy and the production has been carried out responsibly in Tallinn. Black represents the core of minimalism for the founders of Nomen Nescion - and that is why all the clothes in the collections are black.
The brand name is based on a Latin expression that refers to an anonymous, anonymous person. The name derived from the words nomen (name) and nescio (I don't know) literally means "I don't know the name".
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options