If you love jeans and consider responsibility as a criterion for purchasing your clothes, you have come to the right brand.
MUD Jeans aims to change the fashion industry. And they’ve decided to start with the world's most popular piece of clothing, jeans.
The story of MUD Jeans began in 2013 when Bert van Son founded the company. Bert had accumulated 30 years of experience in the fashion industry when she realized how unfair the industry was for the most part. Bert had seen with his own eyes the challenging conditions of factory workers. And also the high demands placed on nature by mass fashion. Bert wanted to start changing things.
Bert believes in having fun, without destroying nature. He is also an amateur sailor and understands the true grandeur of the forces of nature and how the various elements of nature dominate life.
Together with the help of his team, Bert made MUD Jeans an exemplary company. Where the principles of the circular economy and solidarity are valued. Bert believes that responsible companies will dominate the future.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options