'If you love jeans as much as this planet you’re at the good place here. We aim to change the fashion industry, starting with the most popular piece of clothing a pair of jeans.'
It started in 2013 when Bert van Son founded the company. His 30 years’ experience in the fashion industry made him realize how dirty and unfair the industry is most of the time. He has witnessed that life for factory workers is extremely demanding, and that it makes great demands of nature. And decided this was something he wanted to change.
Bert believes that having fun without destroying the earth and its resources is possible. As an amateur-sailor he realizes how strong nature is and how the elements master you. Together with his team, Bert transformed MUD Jeans into an exemplary company, consistently putting circular economy principles into practice. Mastering the fashion industry on a different level.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options