HEMPEA™ products, made in Finnish Lapland, are made from high-quality, soft and durable hemp fabric. HEMPEA's hemp is 100% European. HEMPEA’s hemp fabric originates from Romania, where there is a long tradition of hemp fabric production. The fabric is produced responsibly and the hemp is grown organically.
Hemp is a naturally environmentally friendly material. No pesticides, fertilizers or irrigation are used in the cultivation of hemp. HEMPEA's hemp is processed and made into fabric using traditional methods without the use of harmful chemicals. Only non-toxic, water-based dyes are used to dye the fabrics. Thus, hemp fabric is safe.
Natural and biodegradable, hemp is warm in cool weather, but breathable and non-sweatable in warmer seasons. HEMPEA's product range includes sheets, duvets, pillowcases, towels and tablecloths.
The products are made in Ivalo, Finnish Lapland, by skilled seamstresses. The production process is precise and economical, so that there is no surplus in the manufacturing process. Minimal waste is recovered and reused.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options