Founded in 2017, Eticlò is an Italian responsible fashion brand. Its name comes from the words ethical and closet.
Eticlò was founded by Sara Zanella. She had studied law and worked as a lawyer. Sara had always been a critical and conscious consumer who had difficulty finding clothes for herself. She thought responsible clothing wasn’t interesting enough in design. Sara wanted to combine the aesthetics and ethics of high fashion.
Sara was offered the opportunity to concretize her idea of a small business that would make exactly the kind of clothes she had dreamed of - and this is how Eticlò was born.
Eticlò manufactures its products mainly in Italy. The heart of the brand is in Bologna, where Eticlò’s first store opened in 2018.
Eticlò’s ethical principles reach from the bottom to the top. Eticlò wants to respect the environment and minimize its impact. Eticlò has high standards for partners and they want to ensure a fully transparent production chain.
Eticlò’s clothes are beautiful classics for modern city women.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options