WAYKS is a new, independent brand dedicated to innovative, modular travel gear. Based in Berlin, and co-designing in Germany and Australia, we are a two-people team running the company: a brother-sister-duo creating equipment for urban explorers and outdoor adventurers.
VERSATILITY, SOPHISTICATED DESIGN, and SUSTAINABLE SOURCING are at the core of our creations.
We put this into practice in our first product, the WAYKS ONE — a modular everyday carry and travel backpack for work, play, and outdoors.
Its adjustable system is so versatile, you can carry anything from 7 to 45 litres, using it as a carry-on travel backpack, day pack, camera bag, cooler bag, you name it!
With its unique features, premium materials and variable closing options the WAYKS ONE becomes your timeless companion in any environment.
We place high value on sustainable sourcing: The WAYKS ONE is made predominantly from recycled materials. It is produced by a reputable manufacturer recognised by bluesign® and the Fair Wear Foundation.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options
e - 8 %