Wayks’ idea came about when Leonie once owned a large impractical beach bag where she carried her belongings. It was painful to carry the bag from place to place and Leonie decided it was time to look for a suitable backpack to carry all her belongings. However, after searching, she failed to find a backpack whose design she liked.
Nor did any backpack seem practical enough to carry, for example, a camera, laptop, and other everyday important things. After searching throw the internet and shops Leonie had found technical backpacks, but in appearance, they did not meet expectations. The idea of a niche market was born.
Fabian lived in Australia at the time. In his spare time, he traveled a lot and ran into a similar problem. He longed for an efficient bag to hold all his stuff, but he didn’t want to carry around too big a bag.
The siblings devised a Wayks backpack, the size of the bag could be adjusted as needed. They wanted to combine beautiful design, practicality, and sustainability in the backpack. In addition to the original backpack, Wayks' selection also includes other bags and packaging accessories.
Wayks converts from a seven-liter backpack to a 45-liter backpack. So it is suitable for everyone and the uses can be invented indefinitely. Whether you go on a flea market tour or a fishing trip - this backpack can hold everything you need.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options