Nest Factory is a global community that relies on social responsibility in its operations and production.
Nest Factory, based in Helsinki Finland, designs and manufactures unique lifestyle products, clothing, accessories, and household goods in collaboration with artisans in low-income countries. Nest Factory's products embody and reflect high-quality and ethical craftsmanship.
Artisans are the second largest economic group in developing countries' economies, right after agriculture. The industry employs hundreds of workers, many of which are women. Nest Factory aims to connect them with Western consumers by enabling responsible ordering and supply chains to important export markets.
Nest Factory pays particular attention to the opportunities for growth, internationalization, and development of a female-dominated sector - supporting local employment and the local economy.
Every Nest Factory product is carefully and responsibly considered in terms of manufacturing processes, materials, and supply chains. Nest Factory knows all its partners personally.
In its style and design, Nest Factory combines Nordic timelessness, the craftsmanship of local artisans, and global ethnic culture. Nest Factory is transparent in its production and wants to make visible the skilled craft heritage of its partners.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options