Melli EcoDesign is a sustainable Finnish brand that offers clothing for women and children. Melli EcoDesign's products are designed in Finland and are made mainly from Finnish materials in Jyväskylä. Since 2015, Melli has had its own sewing factory in Paloka, Jyväskylä.
The story of the Melli EcoDesign brand starts with a baby girl Melli, who was born four months before the due date, weighing just over half a kilo. With her persistence, little Melli defied all predictions of her future.
While Melli was in the hospital, her mother found it difficult to find suitable clothes for a premature baby. In addition to size, the clothes had to take into account the sensitive and thin skin typical of premature babies. This sparked an idea to build a clothing brand.
Melli EcoDesign was born in 2012, two years later than baby Melli herself. Melli EcoDesign offers children's and women's clothing, which, due to their materials are also suitable for people with allergies and sensitive skin. Melli's clothes use organic cotton, mulesing-free merino wool, Tencel, modal, and bamboo, among others.
Melli provides clothes with modern colors and prints. The women's collection also includes a good selection of maternity clothes and plus sizes.
Melli offers a great selection of premature baby clothes, which serves those who arrived in this world a little too early. Melli's operations pay constant attention to sustainability, ethics, and the environment.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options