Archetype is a clothing label established in Helsinki in spring of 2020.
From ancient Greek, the word Archḗ stand for a beginning, or an origin, and týpos translates to a pattern or a model. More concisely, it refers to the original model or the very first prototype.
Archetype is a collection of models and designs which transcend trends and seasons. It is the epistemology of slow fashion, featuring basic, utilitarian shapes which make for long-lasting wardrobe essentials.
Archetype is based on a mindset of learning and openness. Our pragmatic point of view to design is not based on the idea of exclusivity. From the first design draft to manufacturing, it’s about being mindful of the natural resources we use and cherishing what surrounds us.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options