Archetype is a clothing label established in Helsinki in the spring of 2020 and its philosophy is at the core of slow fashion. Simple and stylish silhouettes for women transcend trends and seasons to become the staples of your wardrobe. Their timeless collections are built on quality, durability, and natural materials, which are also easy to maintain.
From ancient Greek, the word Archḗ stands for a beginning, or an origin and týpos translates to a pattern or a model. More concisely, it refers to the original model or the very first prototype. That is where the brand is aiming for – the collections are universal, minimalistic, and stylish in their simplicity. They are suitable for both work and leisure.
Archetype’s philosophy stands in sustainability, learning, and openness. Their view on design is pragmatic and is not based on the idea of exclusivity. From the first design draft to manufacturing, it’s about being mindful of the natural resources they use and cherishing what surrounds us. The collections are based on natural materials such as linen. 100% linen is extremely durable and also biodegradable. Unlike cotton, it requires no artificial irrigation or pesticides. The linen they use is spun and woven in Lithuania in a factory maintaining Oeko-Tex 100 certifications and from there it is sent to Estonia for cutting and sewing.
The brand encourages its customers to love and care for their garments and offers tips and instructions to do so from day-to-day care to stain removal. They also want to communicate with their customers and remind, that sustainable manufacturing cannot exist without commitment to lasting design. Their goal is to make timeless garments that last in daily use, be repaired when necessary, and finally be recycled.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options