“Say no to plastic,” says Finnish clothing brand Woobs. This company founded in 2014 comes from Turku, Finland and swears in the name of Slow Fashion.
Woobs’ story began with an ecological, compact sunglasses collection. Since then, Woobs has expanded its range extensively. Woobs today offers sunglasses, eyeglass frames, watches and clothing.
Woobs products are of high quality, ecological and fashionable. The brand itself says the covid pandemic has changed their design to be more bold than before. In general, however, Woobs produces products with simple, clear designs and interesting details.
The quality can be seen, for example, in Woobs’ wooden clocks. Their design has been influenced by Finnish nature and Scandinavian design. The Swiss and Japanese mechanisms of the watches have a two-year warranty.
Woobs wants to produce long-lasting and time-resistant design and the brand has a strong respect for environmental values. Woobs loves wood and its natural nuances - and uses real wood in all of its products. Woobs wants to avoid using plastic whenever possible. Woobs maintains a repair service for its products to maximize their lifespan.
Woobs also bears ethical and social responsibility and uses only certified wood workshops and responsible partners in the manufacture of its production.
Woobs hopes for positive energy for its users and wants to bring joy to everyday life with its products. The world can become a better place - one beautiful and responsible item at a time.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options