REVOEL is a Finnish visionary swimwear and sportswear brand.
The founders of REVOEL are Elisa Karvonen and Anna Jokinen, who met each other in 2013 while studying to become artisans in the clothing industry. They dreamed of a future in which creativity could be used and the development of the fashion industry could be positively influenced. Revoel's story began in 2017.
The basics of REVOEL are ecology and well-being. The brand uses 90% recycled materials in its products, including fabrics, labels, stickers and packaging.
The material of the swimwear and sportswear collections is ECONYL®; regenerated nylon yarn. The yarn is made from surplus material from the pre- and post-industry, as well as plastic waste saved from the seas. The material of the pattern and lining fabrics is ECOWAWE made of recycled plastic.
All REVOEL fabrics have the OEKO-TEX® standard 100. The standard ensures that the materials do not contain any harmful substances. Therefore, the fabrics are safe for health and they're friendly for even sensitive skin. REVOEL wants to enthuse and inspire with color and bold style. The brand encourages women to use their favorite colors, dress confidently and have fun.
All REVOEL products are designed and manufactured by hand in Lauttasaari, Helsinki
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options