Cecilia Sörensen is a Finnish-born designer who works and lives in the Tramuntana mountains of Mallorca in the Balearic Islands.
Sörensen's collections are produced locally in Mallorca. The production is responsible for people and the environment and aims to use the majority of organic and Oeko-Tex certified materials.
Cecilia Sörensen's world is soft and timeless. Cecilia Sörensen's signature garment is an organic output of an ongoing creative process. The clothes embody genuine environmental friendliness and humanity. Sörensen recalls the privileged position of clothing as interpreters and targets of human life's memories, smells, and feelings.
Sörensen favors the principles of the circular economy and uses high-quality recycled materials in her products. Her style has sophisticated aesthetics and northern nostalgia. Sörensen’s creativity also shows the seasons of her Mediterranean studio: plants, colors, and light.
Cecilia Sörensen launched her brand in Barcelona in 2002 and she has received international recognition and awards for her design. She has showcased her collections at fashion weeks in Barcelona, Madrid, Berlin, London, Stockholm, Tokyo, and Paris.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options