ONE CANUSSA = ONE PLANTED TREE
CANUSSA is a company founded by the Spanish Maria Canon. Before founding CANUSSA, Maria worked as a software engineer, so her career path to founding a fashion brand is not the most common.
However, Maria’s passion had always been to create stylish, practical, and quality products. At the same time, however, it has been important for her to respect the environment and people. When founding the company, Maria wanted to take responsibility one step further, so she developed innovation and created a fashion brand that followed the circular economy. Together with people and companies sharing similar values, she created a model for CANUSSA that they could even benefit nature. Even the brand's slogan is "design with a purpose"
CANUSSA aims to create vegan, stylish, practical, and high-quality - but above all, responsible accessories. According to Maria, the four important values of CANUSSA are respect, quality, transparency, and honesty. They want to respect people, nature, and animals in every part of the supply chain.
CANUSSA's products are manufactured locally in high-quality factories in Europe. The products are made from PETA-approved quality materials. CANUSSA's purpose is to make lifelong accessories and reducing over-consumption.
CANUSSA's stylish bags are for you who are looking for the right bag for both work and leisure. Timeless designs are easy to combine with any outfit and simple designs work for both party and office use. CANUSSA's belts are convenient swivel belts, so you get two belts for the price of one!
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options