French Aatise was founded out of a desire to fight against the irresponsible overconsumption of fast fashion. Fast fashion is destroying our planet by making clothes for this world that are never even worn.
Aatise is a company founded by two eco-activists, Heide and Julia. These two have taken on a lifelong challenge to provide consumers with beautiful, responsible clothing. Heide and Julia have always been united by a love of fashion, their mothers and grandmothers have been seamstresses. They have spent their childhood in the midst of fabrics and threads, dodging sharp needles and dreaming of the clothes they would wear when they grew up. They dream of those creations that would tell their story and values.
As they grew, their dreams did not fade, on the contrary, their vision intensified as they grew.
Aatise founders worked for years in the fashion world. They did not want to admit that they were powerless in the face of this inconsistent model, which always offers only lower prices. Or special offers that create a pattern of behavior that causes consumers to waste and pollute the planet.
That’s why they’ve decided to commit to offering the consumer an alternative: beautiful fashion that makes some sense.
More responsible, ethical, and sustainable fashion.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options