Neu Nomads is inspired by modern travelers, today’s nomads. For women who live outside their comfort zone. Of those who have roots but dare to explore the world around them.
Neu Nomad makes practical and beautiful clothes that can be put on in layers and combined easily - as well as packed lightly.
Karen Wood, a founder of Neu Nomads, had worked in the fashion industry for a total of 15 years until she began to question whatever the possibility might be of doing otherwise.
She began to envision better fabrics, dyeing techniques, and production - really everything in a new way. Neu Nomads developed its own philosophy. Which includes minimalism, as well as timeless and environmentally friendly clothing. Neu Nomads always wants to do something beautiful with the least possible environmental impact. Given the current global situation, this state of mind is more important than ever.
The clothes of Neu Nomads are minimalist as well as sensually feminine. They are the kind of clothes you want to wear a lot and for a long time.
Neu Nomads ’garments are manufactured in family-owned factories where employees are paid a fair wage. The fabrics are environmentally friendly and do not use harmful substances in their dyeing.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options