Upcycle with Jing
Behind the brand, Upcycle with Jing, is Chinese Jing who is living in Finland. Jing began her journey as a jewellery artist by studying industrial design in China. However, during her academic career, she felt like wasting resources on structures that only further damaged the environment.
Jing ended up in Finland and created a business with the mindset: one 's waste is another's treasure. Upcycle with Jing manufactures jewellery that is handcrafted in Helsinki from PET plastic bottles instead of traditional jewellery metals. The jewellery has been awarded the Finnish Key Flag Symbol (Avainlippu).
Upcycle with Jing jewellery is inspired by nature; a tribute to the beauty and perfection of different flowers. The jewellery is suitable as a gift and to be used on important days such as Mother’s Day, birthdays, Women’s Day or wedding parties.
Upcycle with Jing implements a thoughtful yet simple task. The brand offers individually designed jewellery while reducing the waste on the planet at the same time. Upcycle with Jing encourages recycling and reuse, which are both crucial practices for the future.
Jing is an enthusiast of environmentally conscious production methods and a passionate jewellery artist, who wants to give everyone a chance to emphasize their unique personality.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- Use of hazardous chemicals minimized in production chain
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options