Yunit is designed in Amsterdam and made under fair conditions. We care about people and are committed to sustainability.
Charlie Pants Grey MelangeYunit-Studio
Materials: Italy, Turkey, United States, Greece
A slow fashion label, which means that Yunit-Studio has a basic collection that expands organically. The collection is made with care and attention in the most sustainable way possible. For example, their products are made from organic cotton and their production site complies with laws and regulations in regards to wages and environment. A good product is always the starting point.
In 2013 they noticed the androgynous trend. From here they designed the first Yunit Tee. Shirts for people regardless of their hair color, gender or hobby. The brand originated from the philosophy that people have more similarities than differences. They think outside the box and have developed a line of future-proof Yunisex basics. They believe in organic growth. They continuously develop themselves, both in terms of sustainability (in the fashion industry there still is a lot to be gained) and on a social level.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options