Semicircle shaped silver bracelet. The jewellery part is 100% recycled silver, e.g. from old X-ray films. The other parts are around 90% recycled silver. The rest of the silver is otherwise ecologically and responsibly sourced. This item is made-to-order and you can choose your own size. Also available with an adjustable 16,5/18,5 cm chain. The bracelet is handcrafted in Hakaniemi Market Hall in Helsinki. Handmade products will have slight variation.
Vuosi Silver BraceletVuolas Circular Design
Materials: Norway, Germany, Japan
Europe: within 10 workdays
Please note that this is a handmade, made-to-order product and it takes up to 4 days to produce.
NOTE Shipping time: During 2 July until 9 August 2021 the products will be shipped in 7-9 days + 1-2 days delivery time
Saara, founder of Vuolas Circular Design has been dreaming for years of her own business and finally she had the courage to give it a go. Love for nature and functional timeless design motivates her and she will do her best to reflect this in her work as a designer, craftswoman and entrepreneur.
The design process starts with the material. The material sets the rules and Saara says her job is to give the material a new life. She uses recycled and low-impact natural materials. Sourcing new and better materials is on her to-do list every week. In circular design materials are used as efficiently as possible. The goal is to create designs that are loved, taken care of and eventually recycled. The name Vuolas means fast flowing in Finnish. Efficient material flows and flowing waters in beautiful, intact Finnish nature are inspirations behind the name Vuolas Circular Design.
All the products are made in Korkeavuorenkatu in Helsinki and you can see they are handmade, with love.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options