Designed by Giedre Dukauskaite & Vaida Stankute.
Since debuting at New York Fashion week in 2006, Lithuanian model Giedre Dukauskaite has become the industry’s darling appearing on the covers of magazines including Vogue, ELLE, Harpers Bazaar and Glamour. She quickly became the icon of off-runway style.
For this collaboration Giedre teamed up with her best friend Vaida Stankute, a fellow-model-turned-clinical-psychologist, to design their perfect off-runway knit set that empowered other women.
With every purchase of Slabada knit, your orders will fund either an hour-long psychologist consultation for a woman looking to leave an abusive relationship or a domestic violence survivor's stay at a safehouse. All donations will be made to Vilnius Women's House Crisis Center, a non-profit providing specialized complex help for women experiencing violence in Lithuania.
Named Slabada after Giedre’s hometown in rural Lithuania, the knit set was inspired by Lithuania’s nature and landscape.
Each item is knitted by hand by our kick-ass knitters in Lithuania. This means that every item you purchase is one-of-a-kind and slight variations are inherent.
65% Wool, 35% Alpaca
Giedre and Vaida both are 1.77m and are wearing size S/M. Can't see your size? Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options