Vestiarium is a womenswear concept from Finland that was created to support and celebrate purposeful women of the world. To offer slow fashion for speedy women. Vestiarium is a utopia – a dream of a world in which each garment is regarded as a collectible that perfects your wardrobe.
For Vestiarium, ‘slow fashion’ means a gradually evolving collection. Each seasonal collection is a combination of newcomers and classics available from one season to another. It also means ethical, local production in family-run boutiques in Estonia and Finland. And it means high-quality natural materials and carefully fine-tuned designs. As a result, Vestiarium produces lasting pieces that their customers desire and need, eliminating excess and unnecessary use of resources.
’For speedy women’ means a fit-for-purpose collection especially designed for women who want to dress well, but have little time to devote to it. It means interesting, but of office-savvy designs. Clothes that serve these women from early morning to late evening, and are easy to combine and dress up and down.
Read more about Vestiarium on our blog
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options