Ukuthula is a Spanish activewear brand that produces carbon-neutral and sustainable clothing for sports life.
Ukuthula means peace. According to Ukuthula, peace can be found in symbiosis with nature. From a state, where we are connected to the most essential. A sense of peace and tranquility can be achieved even by looking at the sea on a deserted beach, climbing a high mountain, or stopping in the middle of a secluded forest.
The message of Ukuthula is that everyone should protect the environment, take care of it and enjoy nature without harming it. Ukuthula encourages everyone to exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle. To experience and observe the beauty that nature has to offer us - while leaving no trace behind.
Ukuthula wants to dress their users ecologically for natural wonders. They hope your active clothing is your second skin which lightness, breathability, and comfort you enjoy.
Ukuthula follows the values of sustainable development in the manufacturing process of its products. They build the pieces of their business responsibly by making eco-friendly clothing from recyclable, natural, and biodegradable materials.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options