Telakka is a Finnish workwear fashion brand. The brand designs its innovative fashion pieces in Helsinki with the prized designer Kirsimari Kärkkäinen.
The word Telakka translates to dockyard in Finnish, an actual place where ships are being built and hard work is a fact. Telakka's way of getting things done is the same, they want to give you design that lasts. They only work more with high heels than heavy metals.
Telakka is all about classics, beauty, functionality, sustainability and questionable humor. Telakka dresses you up for business!
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options