TAUKO is a Finnish fashion brand that was established in 2008. The name of the brand, TAUKO, means a break or a pause in Finnish. It describes the silent and still movement that is almost impossible to notice. Made from high quality recycled materials TAUKO collections capture the feeling of this continuous change that is subtle yet powerfully present.
Carefully designed details and unique cuts make the collections timeless, each item carrying the standards of high quality and ecological production. Working together with local textile maintenance services TAUKO guarantees the durable, silky and soft materials that are used for crafting the brand's collections. By close collaboration with the textile suppliers and research groups TAUKO aims to develop new methods to modify the used textiles for fashion.
With the truly original concept of textile design and reuse, TAUKO pushes boundaries in fashion towards a more sustainable production and dressing culture.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options