STORM & MARIE
STORM & MARIE was founded by Signe Vedel and Kim Vedel Hansen in 2010. Named after our twins, we started the company a few years after their birth and our journey, as parents and founders, has been and still is the most rewarding (and challenging!) one we’ve been on.
STORM & MARIE is a deeply personal project for us and it has become even more so. We are evolving as a brand and in that evolution we are taking responsibility for the next generation and the world they will inherit from us.
Our design mission is grounded in democratic, open, diverse and honest perspectives.
Storm & Marie’s design mission is to make effortless, honest and feminine design with a democratic approach. We celebrate people and communities that have a responsible and sustainable mindset. Community is the keyword.
Our design profile is Scandinavian and feminine. Our designs feature characteristic prints and reflect our responsible choices in materials. We design pieces with diversity and openness in mind. Our styles are meant to be seen and worn for social occasions.
Our design ethos is based on long-lasting styles that can be mixed and matched beyond seasonal trends. For this reason, we do not work with express collections and fleeting trends.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options