We are Raquel and Sofia, twin sisters bonded by many things, including the passion for Fashion Design.
We are based in our beautiful country of Portugal, and you can find us at our atelier in Sesimbra, near the beach and the mountain.
There we do all the thinking, the research, brainstorming and design of our collections. There are a lot of fabric samples around us as well as books and cactus!
The patterns are made by us and we test each one of them in old fabrics until they are perfect at our eyes. Then we cut them in the real fabric and sew it with love. If need we do the printings or embroidery work.
In the end we do all the work of shooting the lookbook, campaign and product photos. We have a lot of fun doing it, as well as the marketing and promotion.
When we have to contract someone to help us in the patterning or sewing processes we chose local workers.
SIZ is distinguished by allying Clean and Crafty, in an urban, casual and dynamic result, and explore fabrics and techniques in the name of creative and aesthetic freedom.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options