The SHIPSHEIP collections stand for urban, poetic aesthetics and elegance - inspired by architecture, art and nature. Characteristic are puristic cuts, contrasting surfaces and shapes as well as polarising materials and surprising details. The exceptional quality and the sophisticated design create a casual look, from natural elegance and feminine attitude.
Joana Ganser - designer and founder of the brand, studied fashion design in Düsseldorf and Berlin. After completing her studies, she initially left the fashion industry to work more creatively and playfully in the theater and in free projects - here, in terms of her work, she again dealt more with the liberal arts, architecture and cultural developments. Today, the collections of SHIPSHEIP are shaped by the collected inspiration and the influences of the constantly changing productions.
The same attention that she devotes to the design of the products also gives her the manufacture. The appreciation of every production step means fair and reliable working conditions, ecological awareness and sustainable thinking.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options