Riona Treacy is a London-based womenswear label with a contemporary aesthetic. Textiles are at the heart of the brand, where simplistic tailoring paired with traditional dye processes, make her pieces modern, wearable and feminine.
Having been introduced to sewing by her grandmother as a child, Riona went on to train under influential design house Alexander McQueen before setting up her own womenswear brand. The brand's launch into the mainstream during her recent presentation London Fashion Week, and has since seen her featured in Harper's Bazaar, Vogue Italia and named by Forbes Magazine as “one to watch in 2019”.
Riona Treacy is a slow fashion brand and all our pieces are designed and handmade in London, working closely with our suppliers, while proudly supporting the British and Irish manufacturing industries. PROUDLY MADE IN THE UK.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options